CityofFina
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Types of Collars

Go down

Types of Collars Empty Types of Collars

Post by Guest Sat May 04, 2013 9:39 pm

Capture collar
The capture Collar is a loop of chain controlled by two wooden handles so that it is easy to block off the slave's air supply as a measure of control.

" . . . I looked in the rear-view mirror, terrified. About my throat, closely looped, was a narrow golden chain. It was controlled by two narrow wooden handles, in his hands "It was a girl-capture chain," I said "It is to be distinqued from the standard garrote, which is armed with wire and can cut a throat easily. The standard garrote, of course, is impractical for captures, for the victim, in even a reflexive movement, might cut her own throat."
- Savages of Gor, page 180

Coffle collar
A slave collar with a ring upon it to thread chain through, the chain is either a permanent attachment or removable depending on the amount of slaves in the coffle.

"The collars had front and back rings, were hinged on the right and locked on the left. This is a familiar form of coffle collar. The lengths of chain between the collars were about 3 to 4 feet long. Some were attached to the collar rings by the links themselves, opened and then re-closed about the rings, and some of them were fastened to the collar rings by snap rings. Another common form of coffle collar has its hinge in the front and closes behind the back of the neck, like the common slave collar. It has a single collar ring, usually on the right, through which, usually, a single chain is strung. Girls are spaced on such a chain, usually, by snap rings."
- Savages of Gor, page 135

Cord Collar
A light cord tied about the slave's throat with a small disk hanging from it which identifies the name of the Owner. This type of collar is used in the Delta where metal can only be traded for.

"On some rence islands I have heard, incidentally, that the men have revolted, and enslaved their women. These are usually kept in cord collars, with small disks attached to them, indicating the names of their masters."
- Vagabonds of Gor, page 341

Dance collar
A collar to which light-weight chain has been attached in order to set off the dancer; a common type consists of a large oval of chain , to which wrist cuffs are attached; once the two sides of the oval have been attached to a ring on the collar; there are variations depending on the region.

"A wrist ring was fastened on her right wrist. The long, slender, gleaming chain was fastened to this and, looping down and up, ascended gracefully to a wide chain ring on her collar, through which it freely passed, thence descending, looping down, and ascending, looping up, gracefully, to the left wrist ring. If she were to stand quietly, the palms of her hands on her thighs, the lower portions of the chain, those two dangling loops, would have been about at the level of her kneels, just a little higher. The higher portion of the chain, of course, would be at the collar loop"
- Kajira of Gor, page 143

Kur collar
A high, locking, leather collar which is used to identify Kur slaves

"She approached me. From my pouch I drew forth a leather Kur collar, with its lock, and sewn in leather, its large, rounded ring. "What is it?" she asked apprehensively, I took it behind her neck, and then, closing it about her throat, thrust the large, flattish bolt, snapping it, into the locking breech. The two edges of metal, bordered by the leather, fitted closely together. The collar is some three inches in height. The girl must keep her chin up. "It is the collar of a Kur cow," I told her."
- Marauders, pages 322-323

Lock collar
A slave collar normally for a female slave, which locks in the back. The key would be kept by her Owner. Most locks are six pin or six disk locks, one pin or disk for each letter of the word kajira.

"A small, heavy lock on a girl's slave collar, incidentally, may be of several varieties, but almost all are cylinder locks, either of the pin or disk variety. In a girl's collar lock there would be either six pins or six disks, on each, it is said, for each letter in the Gorean word for slave, Kajira."
- Assassin of Gor, page 51

Message collar
A high leather collar which a contains a message sewn within it. Normally the recipient would also keep the slave as a gift.

"Did you note the collar she wore?" He had not seemed to show much interest in the high thick leather collar that the girl had had sewn about her neck. "Of course" he said. "I myself," I said," have never seen such a collar." "It is a message collar," said Kamback. "Inside the leather sewn within, will be a message"
- Nomads of Gor, page 40

Northern collar
The Northern collar is flat black metal, literally riveted on with a hammer, it is normally unmarked and is used in Torvaldsland and surrounding areas.

"Look up at me," said the smith. The slender, blond girl, tears in her eyes, looked up at him. He opened the hinged collar of black iron, about a half inch in height. He put it about her throat. It also contained a welded ring, suitable for the attachment of a chain. "Put your head beside the anvil," he said. He took her hair, and threw it forward, and thrust her neck against the left side of the anvil. Over the anvil lay the joining ends of the two pieces of the collar. The inside of the collar was separated by a quarter of an inch from her neck. I saw the fine hairs on the back of her neck. On one part of the collar are two, small, flat, thick rings. On the other is a single such ring. These rings, when the wings of the collar are joined, are aligned, those on one wing on top and bottom, that on the other in the center. They fit closely together, one on top of the other. The holes in each, about three-eighths of an inch in diameter, too, of course, are perfectly aligned. The smith, with his thumbs, forcibly, pushed a metal rivet through the three holes. The rivet fits snugly. "Do not move your head, Bond-maid," said the smith. Then, with great blows of the iron hammer, he riveted the iron collar about her throat. A man then pulled her by the hair from the anvil and threw her to one side. She lay there weeping, a naked bond-maid, marked and collared"
- Marauders of Gor, page 105-106

Plank collar
A plank collar is used on slave benches. It is a heavy wooden plank with five semicircular openings, when the plank is lifted it provides holding collars for five slaves. The plank is then chained down.

"The primary holding arrangement for women on the benches, however, are not chains. Each place on the bench is fitted with ankle and wrist stocks, and for each bench there is a plank collar, a plank which opens horizontally, each half of which contains five matching, semicircular openings, which, when it is set on pinions, closed, and chained in place, provides thusly five sturdy, wooden enclosures for the small, lovely throats of women. The plank is thick and thus the girl's chins are held high. The plank is further reinforced between each girl with a narrowly curved iron band, the open ends of which are pierced; this is slid tight in its slots, in its metal retainers, about the boards, and secured in place with a four-inch metal pin, which may or may not be locked in place"
- Savages of Gor, page 60

Plate collar
A plate collar is used most often on male slaves or untrained female slaves. It is hammered onto the throat and only a metal worker can remove it.

"I could see the heavy metal collar hammered about the man's neck, not uncommon in a male slave. His head would have been placed across the anvil, and the metal curved about his neck with great blows."
- Hunters of Gor, page 13

Turian collar
The Turian collar, unlike most collars which fit closely to the girl's skin, is a loose round ring, so loose that the girl can turn within it. Though it is harder to engrave, it is very popular in some areas.

"The Turian collar lies loosely on the girl, a round ring; it fits so loosely that, when grasped in a man's fist, the girl can turn within it".
-Nomads of Gor, page 29

Shipping collar
A shipping collar is a temporary collar used to identify the slave as part of the cargo of a particular ship.

"What sort of collar do you wear?" "A shipping collar, Master. It shows that I am a portion of the cargo of the Palms of Schendi."
- Explorers of Gor, page 79

Sleeve collar
A sleeve made out of cloth of some type which goes around the collar and normally would match the outfit the slave is wearing. Used only in some cities.

"I reached out, timidly, towards her throat. I touched the object there. "What is this?" I asked. "The silk?" she asked. "That is a collar stocking, or a collar sleeve. They may be made of many different materials. In a cooler climate they are sometimes of velvet. In most cities they are not used"
- Kajira of Gor, page 46

Back to top Go down