CityofFina
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Paga of Gor

Go down

Paga of Gor Empty Paga of Gor

Post by Guest Sat May 04, 2013 9:08 pm

A grain-based, distilled hard liquor similar to whiskey; sometimes served warm. This is the drink most often served in taverns. In Kassau, it is served from pitchers dipped or tapped from kegs in the kitchen. Botas are for traveling, not serving in a Hall or Inn. Paga bowls or three-footed bowls are most commonly used for serving warmed paga in large quantities. Smaller vessels such as pots, cups, or goblets are used to be refilled often. Hot paga is ladeled directly from the pot over the fire; room temperature in pitchers near the hearth; or chilled in kegs in the coldroom.

I decided, if worse came to worst, that I could always go to a simple Paga Tavern where, if those of Tharna resembled those of Ko-ro-ba and Ar, one might, curled in
a rug behind the low tables, unobtrusively spend the night for the price of a pot of paga, a strong, fermented drink brewed from the yellow grains of Gor's staple crop, Sa-Tarna, or Life-Daughter.
{Outlaw of Gor, page 74}

The girls filled their vessels, which, like the hydria, or water vessel, are high-handled, for dipping, in a large kettle hung simmering over a fire near the entrance to the enclosure. Warm paga makes one drunk quicker, it is thought ... Some Cosians tend to be fond of hot paga.
{Vagabonds of Gor, page 16}

The older Tarl and I may have drunk too much of that fermented brew concocted with fiendish skill from the yellow grain, Sa-Tarna and called Pagar-Sa-Tarna, Pleasure of the Life Daughter, but almost always paga for short. I doubted that I would ever touch the stuff again.
{Tarnsman of Gor, page 61}

Back to top Go down