CityofFina
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Kal-da of Gor

Go down

Kal-da of Gor Empty Kal-da of Gor

Post by Guest Sat May 04, 2013 9:07 pm

Kal-da is a mixture of hot Ka-la-na, Gorean citrus juices, hot spices and bits of fruit as garnish; much like the spicy Sangria of Earth; typically served in bowls, pots, or mugs; served hot, almost scalding from a large kettle over the fire

Kalda is a hot drink, almost scalding, made of diluted ka-la-na wine, mixed with citrus juices and stinging spices. I did not care much for the mouth warming concoction, but it was popular with some of the lower castes, particularly those who performed strenuous manual labor. I expected its popularity was due more to its capacity to warm a man and stick to his ribs, and to its cheapness (a poor grade of Kalana was used in its brewing) than to any gustatory excellence.

{Outlaw of Gor, page 76}

I had hardly settled myself behind the table when the proprieter had placed a
large, fat pot of steaming Kal-da before me. It almost burned my hands to lift the pot. I took a long, burning swig of the brew and though, on another occasion, I might have thought it foul, tonight it sang through my body like the bubbling fire
it was, a sizzling, brutal irritant that tasted so bad and yet charmed me so much I had to laugh.

{Outlaw of Gor, page 78}

Even the proprieter slept, his head across his folded arms on the counter, behind which stood the great Kal-da brewing pots, at last empty and cold.

{Outlaw of Gor, page 80}

Other girls now appeared among the tables, clad only in a camisk and a silver collar, and suddenly, silently, began to serve the Kal-da which Kron had ordered. Each carried a heavy pot of the foul, boiling brew and, cup by cup, replentished the cups of the men.

{Outlaw of Gor, page 226}

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum